Contact Me

Name

Email

Message

Created by Templates Zoo

GrizzlyGaming

My first gaming PC experience



After a year and two months of patience, the constant support of all of you guys and a lot of hard work designing for some awesome gamers and entrepreneurs, I was able to build my first gaming PC last month.

The whole thing was a journey in itself but the end result was amazing. Along with the technichal skills I now have (as basic as they might be), I also put a lot of other skills to the test with this project. So I wanted to share what I learned with you noobs like me who are thinking of starting your own build. It can and it will be an overwhelming task. But you will me amazed by how much you can accomplish when you calm the crap down and take long, deep breaths.


First a few quick tips:
  • Before you start buying stuff, visit PCPartPicker. It's an amazing website that will allow you to build a list of components for your PC. It'll let you know which retailers have the best prices and the system will automatically check if all of your selected components are compatible with eachother. It's the best thing ever if this is your first time building.
  • Alternate between purchasing the most expensive parts and the cheapest ones. But always try to buy the most expensive one first. I didn't do this. I left the graphics card for last and it seemed like the longest month ever. But buying some cheap pieces from time to time helped me feel like I was actually getting somewhere.
  • Once you have all your pieces ready, take some time to watch tutorials on YouTube and read articles about PC building. There are lots of awesome people who've done this before. Use their knowledge!
  • Stream your build at your own risk. Streaming this magnificent moment may be very tempting, but personally, it put a lot of pressure on me that I didn't need. This, by all means, doesn't apply to everyone. So just give it a lengthy thought before you decide to do it.
  • Relax, open a beer and enjoy it. After I ended the stream nearing a meltdown, I sat down, took a deep breath and focused on the work. After a few minutes, I was enjoying it again. Having a beer or two would've deifinitely helped. Make sure to take your time. No one's chasing you. This is your moment. Seize it.
  • Make sure you have someone around who knows what to do or at least has enough cold blood to help you out when you're stuck or in a panic.
Most of the things I struggled with had to do with my lack of experience. I didn't know how much things could bend or crack, how much force I could apply to the assembly, how many times I could try to fit something in before I completely ruined it. The truth is that you'll have to find out. There's a lot of videos and tutorials out there that point this out. Make an effort to find them. I specially recommend this channel to find information.

Fortunately, none of the components were ruined, nothing bent or broke and so far, Misha as I now call my computer, has great performance and is as quiet as a whisper. Here's the list of components. All of the components in the list were recommended by people who have built computers before both as a hobbie or for a living.

In the aftermath of the build, I've been doing some research about cleaning, maintenance and other important things you should know about taking care of your PC. 

Once again, I take this post as an opportunity to thank all of the people who have supported me on this blog and on my stream. Making high-quality gaming content was one of my dreams and all of you have helped ti make it a reality.
There are more projects to come, which I will address in a future post, but for now I just want to leave you with this: NEVER. FUCKING. GIVE. UP.



1 comment