Contact Me

Name

Email

Message

Created by Templates Zoo

GrizzlyGaming

When gaming pays off. (What's going on with my life lately).






It took me a while to come around and write this post 'cause a lot has been going on in my life lately. (Lots of work and lots of StarCraft :D)


This story begins on a beautiful evening on a very particular weekday, which I can't place at the moment (was it friday?). I was in college and we were celebrating our college radio station's whichever birthday (was it the second?). 
In the midst of this amazing party within college walls, a Guitar Hero tournament was gonna be held. I used to play RockBand almost every day at the time, so I decided it would be a good idea. I won first place and a bunch of cool products from Acteck, who sponsored the event.

I remember I said to my mom, "this is what happens when gaming pays off". It's been a few years since that tournament but it was a reassuring experience and it was something that I wanted to relive. 

Two years ago, I decided to start playing StarCraft with professional aspirations. It was an easy choice to make because gaming has always been an important part of my life. 
A local tournament was held a few months ago and I felt ready to face my anxiety and just play. I managed to get an honorable second place in the tournament. I was a Bronze player back then and I managed to beat golds and silvers and even take away a couple of games from the platinum victor. 

Since that day I decided to cut the crap, start a clan with some friends and get down to it in all seriousness.
I haven't gotten any amazing results competitively since then for a variety of reasons which aren't special or by any means important, but I've raised my level as a player substantially. 

My biggest event so far has been Campus Party MX. I went down to the losers bracket and was quickly taken out by a former StarCraft local legend person. But my performance was good enough to call a pro team's attention. Since then I've been playing my heart out and I enjoy it even more than before. 'Cause it acquired a whole new dimension going from a hobby to a sport that I practice regularly. 

Also, I became part of the Valkyrie Star League last month and I've met some amazing girls there. Still looking forward to participating in one of their events.


So this is what's been going on lately in my gaming life. Hope all of you guys are having a blast and you'll be hearing a lot more from me soon.



Cheers and GAME ON! \o/


No comments

Post a Comment