Contact Me

Name

Email

Message

Created by Templates Zoo

GrizzlyGaming

Dust: An Elysian Tail -Review-


 
I recently worked on a logo for a group of local brewers. I've never worked with brewers before and it is nice to have a fresh new project from time to time. Specially if you're being paid with video games.

This project brought to me a little jewel lost in the depths of Steam's store. Though later I learned more about its beginnings and the success it gathered in the past months.

Dust: An Elysian Tale, tells the story of Dust. A mysterious individual who has forgotten who he is and where he came from. Along with a powerful sword and Fidget, his merry companion, he travels the land in search of answers.



I would like to talk about the visual style of the game 'cause I'm a designer and I love talking about such things. 
I have a certain fascination for games that look like animated cartoons (this is one of the main reasons for which I'm so eager to play The Banner Saga), because as well as 3D graphics, it is only natural that different graphic styles reach the realm of gaming to fill it with pure gaming beauty.

Since Cinder from Killer Instinct, I hadn't felt this comfortable with fighting mechanics. Dust: An Elisyan Tail has become one of my favorite combat experiences in gaming. The style and mechanics are seamless and fluid, with carefully crafted animations and amazing power ups to enhance your battle experience. 


As far as story goes, it reminded me of how the depth of a story sometimes surrpasses the visual style, like in Merry Melodies. Dust's story is complex, dark and at some points, pretty desolate. But a good sense of humor and charismatic characters, keep the light at the end of the tunnel brightly lit. 
The influence of the good ol' adventure games is present in the world map and general design of the dungeons.
There are a few issues regarding items and in game currency, which are quite small and not that noticeable in relation to other elements within the scenarios.


As a platformer, Dust: An Elysian Tale, delivers through and through and offers hours of entertainment for the player.



Feel free to share your experiences playing the game
on the comments section bellow :) 











No comments

Post a Comment